Monday, September 2, 2013

Hartford Marathon Training Week 11

Happy Labor Day!!! Hope everyone is having a nice long weekend.

I should be at work right now, since live TV doesn't care about holidays, but le sigh, I am home sick.

Life is getting a little closer to normal. Still some long hours but last week I was finally able to not work 12 hours every day! Progress people, progress.

But what happens...by Friday, I found myself sick. Really body? We made it through months of craziness without a hiccup and then I start getting to relax and you go to shit. Great timing as I am in the most important training weeks right now.

Sigh. Nothing is ever too easy, right?

So week 11! It was a doozy as will the next few until we hit the taper.

Monday: 9 miles with fartleks: 1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 in the middle: alright so I began this run (Sunday had run 18 - which I swapped out from Saturday) and legs were like oh okay lets warm up and get to it...haha that lasted not too long. By the end of this run my legs were more tired than they were at the end of the 18. That is what I get for doing my runs totally out of order and not asking my coach if I should switch it up (at 8am she sent me a text that she was switching...but I had already finished :)

Tuesday: am xt: 40 mins arc / 20 mins stepper, pm: 25 mins arc / 20 mins lifting

Wednesday: 3 mile w/u, 5 x 1 mile repeats (3 min active rest) 3 mile c/d  Splits: 8:20, 8:20, 8:18, 8:16, 8:13 - this, was a good one...I even kind of wanted to do another repeat at the end. Yes I am warped.

Thursday: 5 easy shake out: avg 9:50

Friday: 8.5 miles with every other @ MRP or under: 9:50, 9:05, 9:40, 8:57, 9:40, 8:52, 9:35, 8:48, 9:26 - more and more runs at MRP - should be making me confident but I am seriously still scared shitless.

Saturday: 13 miles (step back) avg pace 10:09 - I felt like absolute shit. I had to walk some because of that. Being sick and running aren't the most fun.

Sunday: REST. Finally. Yay.

Total mileage: 46.5 woop.

Overall a week of well executed workouts! But honestly I just don't feel prepared for sub 4. I don't know what it will take for me to feel prepared because I am hitting my workouts distance wise and pace but there is a big mental barrier about the thought of actually doing it on race day.

I find myself with a lot of trepidation over the race but am trying to step back and just take it one workout at a time. And for a type A over analyzer like myself that whole relax thing is often lost on me.

Weeks, please slow down. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment